I’m on a mission to promote “FEMININITY”,,,
Ways to do this?
- Dress femininely
- Act feminine
- Talk femininely
From Webster’s 1828 Dictionary:
FE’MALE, a. , a.Feminine; soft; delicate; weak.
FEM’ININE, a. [L. femininus, from femina, woman. The first syllable may be and probably is from wemb or womb, by the use of f for w; the b not being radical. The last part of the word is probably from man, quasi, femman, womb-man.] 1. Pertaining to a woman, or to women, or to females; as the female sex.
2. soft; tender; delicate.
Her heavenly form angelic, but more soft and feminine.
3. Effeminate; destitute of manly qualities.
4. In grammar, denoting the gender or words which signify females, or the terminations of such words. words are said to be of the feminine gender, when they denote females, or have the terminations proper to express females in any given language. Thus in L. dominus, a lord, is masculine; but domina, is mistress, a female.
Milton uses feminine as a noun, for female.
FEM’INIZE, v.t. To make womanish.
DELICATE, a. [L. Connected with delight; to delight.]
1. Of a fine texture; fine; soft; smooth; clear, or fair; as a delicate skin.
2. Nice; pleasing to the taste; of an agreeable flavor; as delicate food; a delicate dish.3. Nice in perception of what is agreeable; dainty; as a delicate taste; and figuratively, nice and discriminating in beauty and deformity.
4. Nice; accurate; fine; soft to the eye; as a delicate color.
5. Nice in forms; regulated by minute observance of propriety, or by condescension and attention to the wishes and feelings of others; as delicate behavior or manners; a delicate address.
6. Pleasing to the senses; as a delicate flavor.
7. Fine; slender; minute; as a delicate thread.8. That cannot be handled without injury or danger; that must be touched with care; as a delicate point or topic; a delicate question.
9. Composed of fine threads, or nicely interwoven; as a delicate texture; hence, soft and smooth to the touch; as delicate silk.
10. Tender; effeminate; not able to endure hardship; very impressible to injury; as a delicate frame or constitution.
11. Feeble; not sound or robust; as delicate health.
DELICATE, n. Any thing nice; a nicety.
DELICATENESS, n. The state of being delicate; tenderness; softness; effeminacy. Deu 28.
1. Having the qualities of the female sex; soft or delicate to an unmanly degree; tender; womanish; voluptuous.The king, by his voluptuous life and mean marriage, became effeminate, and less sensible of honor.
2. Womanish; weak; resembling the practice or qualities of the sex; as an effeminate peace; an effeminate life.
3. Womanlike, tender, in a sense not reproachful.
EFFEM’INATE, v.t. To make womanish; to unman; to weaken; as to effeminate children.
EFFEM’INATE, v.i. To grow womanish or weak; to melt into weakness.In a slothful peace courage will effeminate.
EFFEMINA’TION, n. The state of one grown womanish; the state of being weak or unmanly. WOMAN
1. The female of the human race, grown to adult years.And the rib, which the Lord god had taken from the man, made he a woman. Gen 2.
Women are soft, mild, pitiful, and flexible.
We see every day women perish with infamy, by having been too willing to set their beauty to show.
I have observed among all nations that the women ornament themselves more tan the men; that wherever found, they are the same kind, civil, obliging, humane, tender beings, inclined to be gay and cheerful, timorous and modest.
2. A female attendant or servant.
WOMAN, v.t To make pliant.
WOMANHOOD, n. [woman and hood.] the state, character or collective qualities of a woman.WOMANISH, a. Suitable to a woman; having the qualities of a woman; feminine; as womanish habits; womanish tears; a womanish voice.
WOMANLY, a. Becoming a woman; feminine; as womanly behavior.
A blushing womanly discovering grace.
WOMANLY, adv. In the manner of a woman.